,

Donald Trump Reacts to Iran Missile Strikes: ‘All Is Well’ | Breitbart

Donald Trump Reacts to Iran Missile Strikes: ‘All Is Well’ | Breitbart
Advertisements

President Donald Trump reacted to a series of missile strikes on American targets in Iraq on Tuesday.

“All is well!” Trump wrote, noting that the United States was still assessing casualties and damages at the two military bases attacked in Iraq. “So far, so good!”

The Pentagon confirmed Tuesday evening that Iran launched more than a dozen missiles against the United States military in Iraq but did not report any American casualties.

Trump again reminded the world that the United States had the most powerful military in the world.

“We have the most powerful and well-equipped military anywhere in the world, by far!” he wrote.

Despite early reports that the president would address the nation Tuesday evening, refuted by the White House, Trump stated that he would address the attacks on Wednesday.

“I will be making a statement tomorrow morning,” he wrote.

All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2020

Trump met with top national security officials at the White House as the attacks took place on Tuesday night, including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, and Vice President Mike Pence.

Pence also spoke with members of Congressional leadership during the attacks, at the president’s direction, according to the White House.

Vice President Pence was briefed on Iran’s attacks on bases hosting U.S. military and coalition forces in Iraq. The VP has been in continuous contact with the entire national security team and, at the President’s direction, VP Pence completed calls to Congressional leadership.

— Katie Waldman (@VPPressSec) January 8, 2020

Despite receiving a call from Pence, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she would “call him back,” as she was too busy at the time to take a call from the vice president, according to reports.

In meeting tonight Speaker Pelosi was handed a note telling her VP Pence was on the phone.

“Tell him I’ll call him back,” she said according to sources in room, noting she had to go open the House for new session.

Two minutes later, she was handed note about air base bombing.

— Heather Caygle (@heatherscope) January 7, 2020

A Pelosi spokesman confirmed to reporters that the Speaker did call Pence back later in the evening and was briefed on the attack.

Read More